Monday, April 4, 2011

Beware of your Tongue

 or should I say the words that come off the tip of your tongue.

The words that we use can be a blessing to someone or it can hurt someone. 

Our Bible study group has been studying the book  of James.  Last week we studied chapter three that deals with our tongues.

Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!  James 3:5

I know that we all have trouble as some point or another, speaking our minds!  But we have to be careful.  We can never get those words back! Once they are spoken, everybody hears them.

This week end, my family was put in a situation that I was very uneasy with.  Someone got upset and spoke words that were very hurtful to another person.  My girls were there and heard it.  Now, it was not directed to them but I would have liked them not to be there. 

Our words are so important, and if we speak unkindly, rude, or disrepectful to others, we hurt them.  Not to metion our testomony is hurt by the others just sitting there listening to all  of it.

I have always been told that if there is a spark of anger  someone else can come along and kindle that anger until it is a full blown fire.

I love the verse that says:   Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: James 1:19

If we can learn to control our tongues, than we will have learned a great deal!

As grown ups, we should have control over our tongues that we can teach our children to be the same. 

Let's beware of what we say to others.... our tongues can kindle a fire... ......






No comments:

Post a Comment